Ramen Snack Mix
October 10, 2010 Leave a comment
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 (3 oz) packages any flavor ramen noodle soup mix
2 cups Chex cereal (any flavor)
1 cup bite size pretzels
1 cup mixed nuts or peanuts
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Break noodles into small pieces. (Do not use seasoning packets.)
- Pour butter mixture, cereal, uncooked ramen noodles, peanuts and pretzels into large plastic ziplock bag and close.
- Shake bag until all pieces are coated.
- Pour contents of bag into a large, ungreased roasting pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread mix on paper towels to cool. Store in an airtight container.
The ramen seasoning packets are not used in this recipe. Set them aside and use them as a soup or gravy base in another recipe.
You can double the recipe and freeze part of it for later.
(image via pirate johnny)